front page

front page
temple lights

Thursday, November 17, 2011

And my husband says I have a project of the day.....

It's been such a long time since I have been on here.  Not sure what I wanted to do with it.  Then I decided that it would be a great way for me to journal.  Writing takes such a long time, and I am missing some of the cute stuff my kids are doing.  Like right now my younger boys are playing with a toy that my husband and I decided was long forgotten and was on the "give-away" list, then just out-of-the-blue, here are my boys playing with the dang thing-scratch it goes off the list. Anywho...this will make for a great journal, memory, and family update tool for me...so I'm going to use it.  My husband has teased me constantly that I should post a blog of my project of the day since I seem to always be carrying around items "to-do" in a list in my brain.  Let's just say it's been a crazy few months. 

Jason (my hubby) and I went to Hawaii for a fabulous 4 day vacation sans kiddos in September. In October, the family, went to Disneyland for our fall-break which seems all Disney fans from the Phx metro area met us there..ha, ha.  Also in October I worked on our Halloween costumes.  Our family were the Fletcher's and Flynn's (Phineas and Ferb's family) and that took some time sewing the costumes for the kids, but I felt it was well worth it and we had fun.  My sister needed help with her costume (Sally-from The Nightmare Before Christmas) and so she came with an idea and I pulled out scraps and we put together her costume.  (see pics below).



Then this month I have finally finished the two blankets I have been promising my boys.  My son turned 8 (in May!) and I told him I would make him a larger and more "grown-up" blanket/quilt, since his old one has Lightning McQueen on it, plus other toddler like emblems.  I finally finished and I love the results.  The underside is so soft and silky made of Black Lycra-well he love it!  Then my youngest loves...LOVES...Mickey Mouse and so the theme of him room.  He's 2 1/2 and his little infant Mickey blankey is getting a tad small for him.  So I put together a twin Mickey themed quilt.  He's in Heaven ;)!!!

Since our move to our new home in July, I've been on the go.  Now I think I need to take some time to finalize my home.  I still do not have pictures on the walls and my Hutch/China cabinet has finally found a home.  Yesterday that was my "project-of-the-day" to get everything in it and redo the lighting.  I quite like it.  I get my replacement glass for the cabinet doors today, since everytime we move something breaks on it-poor hutch. 

On top of everything else, I volunteer at the elementary school my kids attend.  My sister makes that possible by only living less than a mile away, and our boys have a blast playing together.  Next week we have the Turkey-trot, where the kids do this mini-marathon-it's cool.  I also have art masterpiece where I go and teach a bit about artists and their works and allow the kids to try some of the artist's techniques to create their own masterpieces.  It's fun and I'm learning more about art too! This last time was about an author named Jackson Pollock and we focused on his "drip paintings", so the kids were allowed to use popsicle sticks to create thier own-my daughter is in the bottom right with her creation and all the creative mess that comes with it!  lol...love it!

My next challenge this month is getting together names and ingredients for my holiday goody baskets.  This year will be a little different, will new items since some of my friends have found out that they are allergic to Gluten.  I will have to tweek it a bit, but none-the-less, it will be delicious!  My usuals are cookies of all shapes and flavors, fudges, and some traditional loaf breads.  So I will make my usual batches, then adjust accordingly for my gluten-free friends.  I also want to throw a kids christmas craft day, where friends of my family and their kids can come and make some awesome christmas things for the tree or as decor or something to put a picture in.  I am hoping to throw it the first week of December, but we will see :).  So much to do so little time....how will I fit it all in....stayed tuned to find out..ha!

2 comments:

Bob and Danya said...

Looks like you have been up to tons of fun! What awesome trips you took! Yay! Your kiddos are so darn cute! I loved your costumes. :)

The Weeden Family said...

Great job on the blog!!! I love the pictures and the stories. :-) Welcome to the world of blogging! It really is a great way to journal. I actually have 2. One for a personal journal type thing and one for the family. haha.