front page

front page
temple lights

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dec 16th-Last day of school for 2011 and Christmas Parties!!

   Oh my..what was I thinking jumping around like this all day?? But I got it done-yep...3 Christmas parties in one day.  I wasn't going to go without the holiday spirit in mind either-nope.  I'm a mom and it's my duty to try to embarrass my kiddos-at least that is what I told JJ (my oldest at 8) when he mocked my clothes I showed him I was going to be wearing.  I believe his comment (said in dramatic whines) was as follows, "Please Mom, don't wear those (my antler headband) and that (my light up blinking necklace) tomorrow-you are going to totally embarrass me." So I showed up with a green Santa and Sleigh with Rudolph shirt, sporting my headband and my blinking light necklace to boot. Ha, ha!! Wish I took a picture-I looked pretty darn cute..lol.
    Makayla's class had a very fun Christmas party early in the day.  They made trains out of marshmallows and candy with frosting to serve as the glue-yummy!!  Her teacher also had tables set up for Holiday games and art, and another table to make snowmen (again out of marshmallows).  It was a great party and the kids seem to really enjoy themselves.  They liked my get-up too.
     Next stop was to pick up Carter from my sister's house-she watched him while I was at Makayla's party-then, off to Tyler's preschool holiday show.  The kids from his preschool already enjoyed in a 2 hour Christmas party with crafts and goodies, and the last remaining part was to perform for the parents their much practiced holiday songs. They were so cute with the handmade antler's they were wearing singing those songs with so much gusto-it was great.  After the show his preschool was dismissed and I bolted off to drop the boys (Carter and Tyler) back with my sister so I may attend JJ's party.
      So I go in to "embarrass" JJ and low and behold his friends were so cool about the whole thing and thought that I was cool to be wearing such fun stuff-then JJ figured they were right and joined in approving of my "style".  Funny kid.  That party was crazy.  So many 3rd graders full of food and sweets, plus it was pajama day for theirr class.  Shortly after inhaling all the goodies the teacher thought it would be a good idea to send them out to run some of that energy off.  They made a few crafts like holiday cards to the parents and tree ornaments, but third graders get done with that stuff in a jiffy if there are snacks around. 
     The day was jam-packed, and at the end of the day I get fully sugar charged kids-so much fun (sarcastic remark to those who need a clarification).  Anywho-let the holiday vacation begin!
Makayla sporting my antlers
  


No comments: