front page

front page
temple lights

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Carter's morning routine

So my son is now 2 1/2 yrs old.  My little baby is growing up.  So sad to see it happen, but it has to happen sometime I guess.  At least he is still cuddly, and allows me to hold him close.  Little by little he's becoming a little spitfire, and has warmed to Jason considerably.  He doesn't mind much knowing that I am sometimes gone at night and daddy is putting him to sleep, or hanging out with daddy because mommy has to run a quick errand.  It makes me kinda sad that I can't claim to be his favorite anymore, but I saw it coming.  Happened with all my kiddos-ha, ha.  Well now my little guy is a walking, talking and functioning toddler.  He is in potty training mode and has been rewarded with "Mickey" underwear (if you don't remember-he loves Mickey!).  Every morning you can hear his little voice, "Mommy is it morning time?", as a way to receive permission to leave his bed.  That is so cute and makes my heart melt. 
One morning, a few days back at 4am, that little voice asked his waking question.  I quickly walked into his room, told him the sun wasn't awake yet at it was still time to sleep.  Little guy questioned me and wanted proof that the rest of the household was still asleep-silly guy.  So here I was at 4 am walking my toddler room to room to investigate and discover that yes, all were still asleep except for exhausted mom and him.  I gently laid him down, covered him with his Mickey blanket, kissed and sang him a song.  And told him goodnight.  He quickly fell right back to sleep-and so did I.

No comments: