front page

front page
temple lights

Sunday, December 4, 2011

ahhh...Sunbeams

I am currently the Sunbeams (3-4 yr olds) teacher in my church.  I love my calling.  I find that this position, as well as Nursery Leader, are probably the hardest in Primary, and God must really love us to try us, and trust us this much...lol. I prepare my lesson each week with a few "in-case" scenarios.  I have about 3 children who have a tendency to become disruptive, and I have to plan for these interuptions and how to steer the children back to listening and participating in the lesson.  Somedays that can be a real challenge-like today.  One child stuck her fingers in her ears because she didn't want me telling her to sit down in her chair, then proceeded to skip around the room.  We played fishing as an activity in our lesson and another child threw a temper tantrum because someone else got a fish that they wanted, and another because they didn't go first.  So I felt like just giving up-I already struggled through Sharing Time with some more disruption than usual behavior, and I was tired.  I had a few more words to share and sum up the lesson and a question to ask (but doubted anyone heard or listened).  So I asked, "So we all have callings to help the church...what can you do to help our church, or help our church building?"  I was completely in shock when a child that usually adds to the comotion says, "clean up our mess and love eachother".  And from there the last 5 minutes of class was awesome! :)  I guess you can say I live for those 5 minutes..ha, ha.

No comments: