front page

front page
temple lights

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving means family...

I think this is the very 1st Thanksgiving that I didn't have a drop of Turkey on Thanksgiving Day.  We shared an early Thanksgiving feast with Jason's family in California the Wednesday before.  It was great.  Love sitting around a table with my in-laws, shooting the breeze, making jabs at eachother and laughing while the kids run all around us in enjoyable chaos. We talked a little about some serious stuff, but I love that this crowd is always looking to smile, rather than staying in the gloom that life can sometimes deal you.  On Thursday, after a quick visit with in-laws and a goodbye, we headed to Parker to visit my family.  We stopped to see my niece, nephew and sis-in-law (my brother already went to work :(, which stunk) for a few minutes before heading over to the theater to watch Arthur's Christmas with my mom.  That was an awesome show.  We all loved it.  We chatted with mom for a few minutes and were on the road by 7, heading home.  We needed to get home and get the kids in bed so I could go...shopping!!!  Yeah, well, not really me, but I wanted to check out the laptops that were super cheap and get two games for the kids and I-hey I play the Wii too..ha, ha.  Well got the games, but the lines for the laptops were ridiculous.  Some were in line for about 6 hours.  Sorry, but I'm not that dedicated.  Friday, we decked the halls with Christmas cheer.  Got it all up except the lights to hang from the house-stucco house (new territory).  I love the warmth that comes from holiday decorations.  Saturday my family came for a visit. My sister from California with her family and my parents.  We did not have another feast, but we did enjoy some tamales my mother brought with her-yummy!  It was fun talking and chatting with everyone.  We went to JoAnns to pick up some material, and I bought a cricut (craft machine). Hello toy! My mother and I also sewed a few dresses for my niece for her Charlie Brown's Christmas play she was in.  It was nice working on a project with my mom, and I think they turned out great.  On Sunday, we went to church, then came home to finish up some projects-like my sons' new bunkbed and prep for an art class I was teaching on Monday.  I look back and am glad that I have the family I have, they are all a part of me and help me be a better person.  For this I am truly thankful!

No comments: